Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Having Another Child

In October, my wife decided that we needed to conceive our second child because it was already too large of a gap between our 3 1/2-year-old daughter and child #2. I don't necessarily agree that kids have to be spaced a certain way, but I gave into my wife's wishes. Partly because she wanted to have lots and lots of sex.

A week or two later my father died.

His death really hit me hard. In some strange way we thought his spirit would live on if my wife was pregnant with a boy. This thinking helped with the grieving process. Then my wife miscarried in December.

Life was tough in the following months. However, my wife was insistent upon getting pregnant again. And in reality, it is probably best that it has not happened. Our lives have been chaotic for 4 years, mainly due to our first child being a complete surprise. Recent famliy tragedies have only added to it.

Comments:
I hope things turn out well for you. It never quite seems the trying times will ever be over, but when they eventually do move on the view is often pretty amazing.
 
You're a good guy, Johnathan.

Some day I will show up at those OC Meet & Greets to say hi.

Congrats on the M Zone credit and Happy Belated Birthday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?