Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Random Thought of the Day

It might be cool to be the Invisible Man, but it would absolutely suck to be the Invisible Man and be disabled. Think about it. I was in my office's bathroom using the sink with the disabled sign on it (I like the handles better), and thought to myself that if there really was someone who was disabled in the bathroom, then I would be courteous and move over to another sink. Of course, if he was invisible and wanted to retain his invisible identity, then he would just to have to wait.

While laws like the ADA are meant to give back independence to the disabled, the disabled still rely on us to be courteous and to help them, or at least not get in their way. But often times the disabled are treated like they are invisible.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?