Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

Lamenting Professional Sports

I think there are 3 significant problems with most professional sports:

1. Salary caps
2. Extended seasons
3. Boredom

1. Parity blows. People prefer dominant teams. The Yankees, Lakers, 49ers, Cowboys, etc. You either love them or love to hate them.

2. Too many teams playing too many games. The quality is watered down, and all the seasons run into each other forcing you to chose between following one sport or the other.

3. Baseball has too many pitching changes, and takes too long between pitches. Games should last 2 1/2 hours, not 4 1/2 hours. Football and basketball games have too many timeouts called at the end of a game. 4 minutes of game clock can take 45 minutes, killing what should be the most exciting part of the game. I often get bored and change the channel instead of watching all the commercials.

Comments:
I have been surfing online more than three hours lately,
but I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours.
It's pretty price enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

Feel free to surf to my web blog :: tata sky
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?