Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

The Overrated Chant is Overrated

So there I was in Rose Bowl enjoying my team's dominating win over Michigan in the 4th quarter, when the crowd around me starts the "Overrated Chant". I first tried to motion to my section (in a subtle throat slashing gesture) to cut that crap out. Once the chant had died down, I chastised the crowd around me by saying, "Michigan is not overrated. Michigan is good. We are just THAT much better."

I did not get much of a reaction, except from one possibly intoxicated female fan sitting a row above me. She seemed to be getting more friendly with me as the game wore on, so she was probably biased. The Wife was absolutely not worried. In a strange way, that makes me kinda sad.

Back to the topic: NEVER, ever diminish your win. The better your opponent is, the more impressive the victory over them. A fanbase should never start the Overrated Chant if they are accustomed to winning. And winning is something that USC does very well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?